CanVote has the proven experience and expertise to provide a wide range of voting services including various combinations of voting by internet, telephone, mail and/or on site.
- Marketing Research shows that the convenience of electronic voting is key to increased voter participation.
- Electors can vote conveniently by telephone or internet from home, office or far away any time during the extended voting period.
- CanVote electronic voting is convenient and accessible for voters with a broad range of disabilities.
- Electors can typically vote by internet in less than a minute or by telephone in three minutes or less.
- Election results are provided within minutes of the end of the election.
- Voters' intentions are accurately recorded and reported.
- Overvoting or unintentional undervoting are prevented by helpful prompts and queries.
- Results are computer tabulated.
- Multiple connections to major internet carriers.
- Toll-free access to a large number of telephone ports.
- Fully redundant servers and replicated databases.
- Dual power supplies, dual power connections, dual battery and diesel power backup.
- 24/7 monitoring of hardware and software.
- Offsite database backup.
- Data centre facilities and access are protected by state of the art intrusion detection and prevention technologies.
- Management and voting access is restricted by private Voter Identification Numbers, user IDs and passwords.
- Transmissions are 128-bit encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
- System access events are logged for tracking and auditing.
- CanVote voting services are cost effective compared with voting by polls and paper ballots, tabulators or mail.
- CanVote internet and telephone voting services can be combined with voting by polls, paper ballots, tabulators and mail.
- CanVote can provide all of your voting requirements from voter lists to voter letters to all of your voting.
- There is no large staff of temporary poll workers.